Like most people you have probably been battered on all sides by increasing energy costs, increasing food costs and decreasing real spending power of wages. If you’re looking for a little respite and a year on year real reduction in your outgoings, you need to search out the cheapest dual fuel deal available to consumers. Dual fuel tariffs can lead to serious reductions in your monthly, quarterly and yearly energy bills; if you’re serious about reducing your outgoings perhaps we can help you further.
What are the benefits of dual fuel supply?
There are several benefits of taking out a contract for dual fuel supply from a service provider. Gas and electricity are the two main energy mediums in use in the country, and over the years the industries have been deregulated and privatised. Where once the gas and electricity supply industry was a state run monopoly, the sell off and privatization has been beneficial for consumers in many ways, not least the following:
- Suppliers have to compete with each other to keep and/or increase their customer base. This results in keener prices and better deals for consumers
- In recent years there has been an increase in the numbers of suppliers and service providers offering dual fuel deals for combined gas and electricity supply, helping force prices down even further
- By offering reduced prices on both gas and electricity for a dual fuel contract, this has had the effect overall of forcing prices lower for longer
- Increases in fuel prices on the open market aren’t always passed on in full to consumers, with some suppliers absorbing price increases to maintain their consumer market share
- Consumers (you) receive only one bill and one standing charge, thereby reducing your charges and of course, one bill means less administration costs for the supplier
The benefits of potential savings on fuel bills and protection against sudden spikes in raw energy costs FAR outweigh staying with a supplier charging more for the same service.
How easy is it to switch to a dual fuel supplier?
Reducing your energy costs is all well and good, but how do you find out which is the best deal available, and which supplier or suppliers are the most competitive? To locate the cheapest dual fuel deals available, the easiest method is by way of the U-Switch price comparison website. By instantly comparing the prices offered by many suppliers in a single action, you have the potential to save hundreds of pounds a year on fuel bills and charges.
After you have run a price comparison using the online comparison application, all you have to do is provide a few details about where you live and current supplier and it is as simple as that. You won’t feel anything until the next bill arrives in the post or your direct debit is taken from your bank account by your new supplier. When you get the first bill from your new supplier the only noticeable difference will be in the reduced price you’ll be paying monthly.
Now, isn’t that something to sing and dance about?